Monday, September 1, 2008

Wedding Reception: Speech! Speech!

I was truly surprised at how fun the toasting was. I always think of this part as a painful process of a wedding but I guess when it's me being toasted I must not mind too much!

Markus' parents give us a speech!

Joe thinks Markus' love for me has something to do with his hairstyling!

Hope out's my gift of pie as subversive flirting!

Jim refuses to take credit for our meeting!

Reed's speech! This was the most surprising event of the wedding. Reed spontaneously decided to toast us and tell us that our marriage "made her heart happy." I hope someone got this on video. It's going to be one of my favorite lifelong memories.I toast my husband and tell about our five lake Fourth of July weekend.

Another unforgettable event was the re-vamp of Feist's Mushaboom by Leanne and Hope for the Reception modified for the island Lifestyle. Lyrics follow. Toasting their fabulous performance!
Unpacking the gear and setting up
Living with roosters and coconuts oh
She's catching babies at LBJ
And he's in the water all damn day, oh

But in the meantime Valima's here,
Island living, and no good beer.
Only two years until the day
Iceberg won't cost all our pay.

Old dirt road,
Smells like mold
Walking with Einstein as we grow
o-o-o-o-old

They got a plan to stick it out
And make a home from a concrete house oh
They'll collect the moments one by one
Guess thet's how the future's done oh

How many acres, how much light
Tucked in the jungle and out of sight
Talk to the locals and tip my cap
On a little rock barely on the map

Old dirt road
Pisoupo
Wathing the palm trees as we grow
o-o-o-o-old


Cheers!!!!

No comments: