Monday, September 1, 2008

Wedding Reception: Details

Instead of the traditional wedding cake we went with cupcakes. I found my baker via my florist. They happened to be from Weed and had been students of my Dad's when he taught biology. I never met my baker. All our communication was via email! The cake was fantastic. Hope made gluten free cupcakes for the GF people and the baker frosted them. Everyone was happy!

Besides the Samoa fans we had little plantable wildflower dragonflys that were custom made from a crafts person on Etsy. I love Etsy. I got all my jewelry, Joe's cufflinks, Dragonfly brooches for the women instead of corsages and these guys from artists off that website.

Centerpieces by yours truly and the Dollar Store, assembled by my wedding coordinator. Unfortunately, the candles wouldn't stay lit because of the wind, they were still cool in my book.

Dinner was catered by the resort. I would have loved to have a restaurant cater but it wasn't an option. I think the resort did ok. I don't remember too much so I suppose what I was able to scarf down was ok.

Joe's cufflinks were from Etsy. Joe's a computer geek-they were crafted from old circuit board!

Markus' dive flag cufflinks. I think this was his absolute favorite detail of the wedding.

We had New Castle beer and for us beer starved island folk it was heaven! It was more economical to get a keg for the wedding, though there was no way to drink it all by the evening. The bartender poured out as much as she could at the end of the evening for the after party.

1 comment:

Niqnaq23 said...

Congratulations! I am just loving all your stories. Beautiful photos make them come to life...