Monday, September 1, 2008

Wedding: Ceremony

The ceremony was at Castle Lake up in the mountains outside Mount Shasta, in very northern California, where I grew up. It's a beautiful, pristine spot. I would say it's my favorite place on earth (of course, there are many close seconds).


Walking to the ceremony in my Dragonfly sandals (we used dragonflies for lots of stuff related to the wedding because of the beautiful dragonflies that inhabit the lakeshore). I put on my dancing shoes for the reception, but no way was I going to try to navigate the woods in heels. I had to go off-trail to sneak behind the giant boulder without anyone seeing me. I was so proud I didn't bite it on my way over the branches and bushes in my silk wedding dress.My great musicians. They played Pachabel's Canon in D classically and then picked it up and played it bluegrass uptempo like these guys (pick "Listen", then select Pachabel's Canon at the bottom) for us to walk down. They also played Rainbow Connection, Walking after Midnight, and the Theme to Prince Bride on special request.

Resting my dress in the wheelbarrow while I'm hiding behind the big boulder.
The girls sprinkled sweet pea petals that we picked from the side of the road in the morning.
Pearl wasn't too sure of this whole thing so she walked down with her mom, Hope, my Matron of Honor.
Walking down the "aisle" from behind the big boulder.
I had to hold my dress up so it wouldn't end up full of pine needles.
Don't you just love the people floating in the water watching the wedding?

Hope sings Mushaboom for us.

Jim reads Love in the Larger Sense by Kay

Which makes us laugh.
Rebecca, my sister, reads Love is a Temporary Madness from Captain Corelli’s Mandolin
by Louis de Berniers
.

We do a Buddhist walking ceremony.

The rings of course.
The girls try not to be too bored.

Vows
Kissin'
We are pronounced husband and wife.
Yeah!!!!

No comments: