Sunday, February 8, 2009

Palagi Olympics 2009-We are the champions!

This month will see a lot of palagi losses. As you know, Markus and I are heading back to Portland, Aaron (of the AG's office) and Naomi (librarian extraordinaire) and Barbara (EPA) will all be gone by the end of this month.

We had some farewell festivities to commemorate. Lisa and Nate organized a great Palagi Olympics/Sloshball game and lots of people showed up for the fun. Markus and I were sloshball captains and, of course, my team won. Which is good because I almost never keep score on these games and have to depend on the more competitive on the league to know if we are up or down. I believe in delegation. Thanks Doug and Amity. I was on Naomi's team for Palagi Olympics and we came out the overall winners on that one, as well. It's nice to go out on top! Afterward we ate well at Samoan Steve's house.
Naomi up to bat (no Naomi that's not how you play sloshball!)











Steve after astronaut game.















Gwen & I go down on the three legged race.














Markus up to bat.
















Team Matt & Team Naomi















Erick on his way to victory!















Lisa going for the gold.














Einstein thinking Aaron's hit was for him.

No comments: