Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bright Lights, Big City

My time here in American Samoa is rolling to a close. I have two more months left on island. Though there are many great things about being here, I've decided not to renew my contract.
I had hoped we would be able to move to Hawaii, but Markus found a good job at his alma matter, Portland State University, writing programs for researchers. So we will be returning to our old 'hood. It will be great to be close to family and friends in old Puddletown. Let's just hope I can adapt to the rain and cold.

3 comments:

James said...

That's what winter get-aways are for. At least it's beautiful during spring & summer, not to mention world-class sailing in the Gorge.

Drjjh said...

it would be fun to get together once you are back in Portland...by the way, it is snowing AGAIN right now...what a crazy winter. Two of our kids are still in their swimming suits despite the bitter cold. I think we might belong on an island afterall!!!

Unknown said...

"I've decided to not renew my contract"...um, did you just decide that? Riiiiiight.