Monday, March 31, 2008

Camping at Amalau

I've written about Amalau before and how pristine and beautiful it is when I had my birthday bash there. Recently, we returned for a camping party with a group of friends. It was our first time taking out the tent and camping gear that I was determined to bring to the island (we'll use it again I'm sure for our honeymoon in New Zealand).


















It was a beautiful day, though the surf was really high again. I still took the kayak out and it was gorgeous.























We had a BBQ with friends and a bonfire on the beach. Here's the guys with their Bag o'Meat.
























And a chicken that decided an electrical box was just the thing for roosting. There is a door on this box and I really have no idea how she gets in there.










































Einstein was a little uncertain all night long. I'm not sure if he's grown out of camping or what but he kept patrolling the parimeter all night long.

In the middle of the night, the storm that had drenched the place had moved out to sea. The stars were out by the millions and out at sea you could see the lightening blazing the horizon. I haven't seen anything more magical on this island.

No comments: