Friday, November 30, 2007

We Are The Champions (my friends)

Yes, despite birthdays, baby showers, friends leaving island (to have babies), off-island guests (we really appreciate your visit! Mel from World Society for the Protection of Animals/WSPA), Thanksgiving, and my computer needing a full reinstall of operating software yesterday, and general laziness, I am a winner.

Of NaNoWriMo 2007! Which means in 30 days (with 6 1/2 hours to spare) I wrote slightly over 50,000 words of a novel. Now there was absolutely no, I repeat, NO, editing of this piece of work, what so ever, and I have absolutely no intention of reading said work for at least a month as I need some "me time." So it remains to be seen if it is fit to be seen. But since last year, completly free and (happily) living off unemployment, I was only able to write half of the prerequisite 50,000 words; and prior to that experience the longest thing I'd ever written was one of many tedious 10-20 page papers for school, even if it stinks to high heaven I am pleased with myself. Woohoo!

I will now proceed to catch up on a variety of neglected business such as: bills, blogging, painting my nails, sending Xmas cards, and, "oh yeah, that little old thing"-doing some wedding planning. Tonight, though, it's Miller time (by Miller I mean Talisker).


No comments: