Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Gaiety. Song-and-dance. Here we go round the mulberry bush.

HIPY PAPY BTHUTHDTH THUTHDA BTHUTHDY to me.
If you get the above references, your ok by me!
Monday was my 35th birthday. It was quite a big one for me. Being in the baby business, I knew that it would be best to have my own baby business, if not finished, at least well on it's way by this time. But things don't always work out that way, and never one to put the cart before the horse; I'm still determined to get married without a double chin and giant stomach.





Instead of pouting, I decided to make the most of turning 35. This has been the longest birthday ever, starting with my great trip to Apia last month courtesy Markus.









Friday we got together with a group of November birthday friends at Tisa's for a fabulous dinner. It was a perfect night, the food was fabulous and the company merry (especially as they were all kid free for the night).








Saturday I planned a beach side playday. We set up day use for some fales at Amalau, between Vatia and Afono. The place is set up for day use with clean open areas, toilets, showers, a cooking fale, and even electricity. It was great.








The beach was clean and pristine. Apparently, this is one of the few beaches on the island where turtles lay eggs.










The day was gorgeous and sunny on that side of the island.











We brought our kayaks which were fun for the big waves that were pummeling the shore when we showed up.

We couldn't really snorkel but we jumped in the waves a while-it's actually fairly rare that we get big waves like that.






The guys had a dive. Look at Paul's amazing underwater video camera housing.











And we had food and beer.












It was a great day. Kiki wondered if we had brought her back any fish in the hold.











Monday, my real birthday, was spent starting NaNoWriMo (albeit a weebit tardily as I had been so busy partying), eating junk food and getting to rent DVDs not on the top of Markus' wishlist.

Now that it's over I'm sad that I can't drag out my birthday any longer.
But 36 is just around the corner!

No comments: