Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm stateside these days!
Took a trip to Vegas after I got here for a conference. It was actually cool to be in the desert. Obviously so very different than Samoa. It was a bit overwhelming though.


















Headed back to Portland for some wedding preparation and then started the journey south to the mountains and trees!
Saw a lot of beauty on the road:














And some things I don't miss:














Hope and Jim loaned me their Vanagon and I camped in beautiful Ashland (where I lived prior to moving to Samoa & where my house is). When I visit A-land I miss it sooo much. It's so beautiful. Below are some pictures of Emmigrant Lake outside of Ashland.



















































Had the best pizza in Oregon at Caleidoscope Pizza in Medford and now I'm in Mount Shasta getting ready for the big day.























There have been fires south and west of Mt.Shasta and if there isn't a wind the smoke settles in the valley. I couldn't even see the Mountain this morning, but now it's cleared some. Let's hope it's made it's way out by next Sunday!

It's still beautiful as ever in Siskiyou County! Here's Lake Siskiyou. Not where we will get married but where we'll be having a great time on our "Super Party Barge" on the 4th of July with our guests and family.














1 comment:

That Guy said...

Beautiful pictures.