Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Great Auntie

Or Where's My Rocking Chair, Sonny?
I knew those gray hairs were coming out for some reason. It's official! I'm old! Why? Because my nephews are having babies! And to top it all off, they are doing it before me!











Here's the latest edition to the Clan: Scarlett at her healthy 8 lbs. 6 oz. and 20 inches. I like a girl with meat on her bones!


















So here's the story, though I am old, I am officially too young to be a Great Auntie. My sister, 11 years my senior, probably feels too young to be a Grandma, but what age are you old enough to feel great about being a called grandma, even if you are ok with being a grandma? Here's a picture of the proud Papa and my sister, Rebecca (don't we look alike?).
I was my parent's "Are you sure your pregnant?" baby. My other sister, Michelle, is 10 years my senior. So no baby for ten years-they thought they were in the clear, ha, ha, Ha, HA! I had other plans, no way was I going out without a fight. I just had to think about things for a while, see if it was in my best interest to get born, and mull it over for a while. Not like I've ever done that in any other part of my life . . . It's wild to think that my mom was the same age I am when she had me. And had she had thought she was done with the diapers, bottles, and late nights--good thing she had two babysitters already living at home. So, I was an Aunt at a very young age and now I am a Great Aunt at a semi-young age.

Congratulations Nick and Jodi! You've made me a proud Auntie! I can't wait to play with Scarlett at my wedding!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome Liz!! I know what you mean about weird and crazy family arrangements. How about this one: my dad is four months older than my grandma... Mull over that one for a while, huh? :)

Mountain Shasta Mary said...

Hi Liz
Congratulations!
Looks like all the females in your family are beautiful!

Much love, Mary
P.S. When I was 12 I had a four year old Uncle....