Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Wish You Were Here

So I suddenly realized that it was October.
Then I suddenly remembered what October used to mean to me . . . rain, cold, dead leaves, gray skies. And I rejoiced.

Forecast: Today-80, Tomorrow-80, The Next-80!







This October would mean more sun, more heat, lush tropical foliage, sunny skies, and blue lagoons. And ok, rain, lots of it, but that's not new here, and it's warm. Notice Rainmaker Mountain in the background, taking a day off from making rain, bless it.








On October 1st I was paddling in a turquoise lagoon, under azure skies. I ate mangoes (helloooo, mango season!) while bobbing in the waves. I dozed on my boat and opened my eyes to see a turtle rise to the surface, look at me and swim away. Man it doesn't get better than that.








So this is my "Wish You Were Here" postcard to all of you folks entering into Fall (sure Fall is beautiful, I know, but it gets cold real fast).

Next weekend is a three day weekend and Markus is taking me to Western Samoa for an early birthday present. I never thought I'd be this happy turning 35!

1 comment:

Joe said...

It's currently foggy, cloudy, and 54F in Seattle...boo.

http://www.washington.edu/cambots/camera1_l.gif

Wish I was there!